How to make Luki chana dal recipe
How to make Luki chana dal recipe
Lauki ki sabji or lauki chana dal ki sabzi is a veg curry made utilizing bottle gourd generally referred to as as lauki/doodhi and in some components of India additionally it is referred to as as kaddu.That is the most effective sabzi that may be made out of lauki and it's within the type of gravy curry which might be eaten with rotis or rice.
The principle style on this dish comes by including the chana dal which is the spotlight of the dish and turns the dish yum with the mixture of lauki and chana dal.
Lauki is an extended mild inexperienced stunning vegetable with a lot of well being advantages. It's broadly utilized in weight reduction diets too.
Many go for bottle gourd juice as it's a very wholesome vegetable with many benefits. Lauki is very utilized in northern india in sabzi recipes, curries, and additionally it is used to make kababs and koftas too.
It's a very tasty vegetable and turns the curries very yum. In south india, lauki is known as as sorakaya and is very used to make chutneys and sambar recipes.
1. 1 medium dimension bottle gourd/lauki/doodhi, peeled, minimize into small cubes and washed properly
2. Three tbsp oil
3. 1 small cinnamon stick/dalchini
4. 3-Four cloves/loung
5. ¼ tsp shahi zeera/caraway seeds
6. Three slit green chillies
7. 2 medium dimension onions, finely sliced
8. salt to style
9. ½ tsp purple chilli powder
10. ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
11. ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
12. 2 medium dimension tomatoes, finely chopped
13. 2 tbsp overwhelmed yogurt/dahi
14. 1 small cup chana dal/bengal gram soaked for an hour
15. 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
16. ½ cup water
Step 1(Boil the dal):
1. Take a strain cooker, into it add the soaked dal, add some sufficient water and strain cook dinner the dal till it's half boiled.
2. Scale back the steam and set the boiled dal apart.
Step 2(Making of lauki ki sabji or lauki chana dal ki sabzi):
1. Take a strain cooker, into it, add oil and warmth it.
2. Add entire garam masala that's dalchini, loung, shahi zeera and saute for few seconds.
3. Add slit green chillies, add sliced onions and cook dinner the onions till they flip delicate.
4. Add salt as per style, add purple chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, combine and cook dinner the masala for couple of minutes on low flame.
5. Add the items of lauki into it, combine properly.
6. Add the boiled chana dal and blend properly.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes into it, combine and cook dinner for couple of minutes on low flame till the tomatoes flip delicate.
8. Add yogurt, combine properly.
9. Cook dinner the entire sabzi for about 5 minutes on low flame.
10. Add ½ cup water, add freshly chopped coriander leaves, combine properly.
11. Combine the whole lot properly and strain cook dinner the sabzi for two whistles.
12. Change off the flame.
13. Scale back the steam.
14. Take away the lid, cook dinner the curry for couple of minutes if there's any water remaining by maintaining the lid uncovered.
15. Change off the flame.
16. Serve sizzling with steamed rice or roti.
1. At all times individually boil the soaked chana dal or strain cook dinner the dal till half cooked whereas making lauki ki sabji in cooker.
2. Straight including the soaked dal into the curry retains the dal arduous and since it's chana dal it takes time to cook dinner and get tender. Due to this fact, it's higher to cook dinner the dal earlier than in a separate cooker after which add into the lauki sabzi.